Roja Interactive builds digital analytics tools for football coachesdittofi
About the company
Philadelphia based web design & SEO company that’s fanatical about building clean, effective, and results-driven websites, apps, SEO & digital advertising campaigns.
Roja Interactive is an established digital agency that specializes in marketing and informational websites, and app development. Over the past 10 years they have worked with a range of clients to build high performing systems, at scale, across a range of industries. Their work has been featured on the likes of ABC News, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, and with some of their more recent app builds gaining national press coverage.
Roja Interactive is a forward thinking and innovative agency that is always exploring new technologies and tools that can be utilized to produce better and more cost effective results for their clients. The no-code movement is something that was already on their radar as a potential method to reduce development timelines. Roja Interactive chose to use Dittofi’s no-code platform because Dittofi was the only no-code platform to provide the long term flexibility to build complex software applications.
Shorter Time To Market
The Dittofi solution allows professional product and engineering teams to build apps visually, and 80% faster than if you were to code by hand. The system takes visual designs and automatically transforms them into industrial grade code that can be either deployed into Dittofi’s managed service or exported and worked on by engineers.
Roja’s founder Jason O’Mara explains “what we love about Dittofi’s no-code solution is that it has allowed us to accelerate timelines and reduce the costs involved in our app development project lifecycles, all whilst giving us the flexibility to build highly complex, entirely custom applications.”
“In the past we have used PHP frameworks such as Laravel and CodeIgniter as foundations for the custom applications we’ve built. Yet, even when using those frameworks, there’s still quite a bit of time and development required to build any web app that requires any significant functionality.”
“This made the Dittofi framework and visual app builder a huge win for us and our clients. With Dittofi we are now able to significantly shorten the time and investment required to build and deploy much more complex applications, all while ensuring a high level of quality.”
Utilizing Dittof’s No-Code Platform
With Dittofi, Roja Interactive built an application for CoachTools, a startup run by three entrepreneurs based in Philadelphia, PA. The CoachTools app is a system that enables high school and college football coaches to build better training programs by empowering coaches and players with tools to visually track, compare and analyze player performance.
The CoachTools app includes several complex and powerful features built on the Dittofi software. These include the ability to upload team rosters, create player accounts and secondary coach accounts, create intelligent depth charts and provide powerful visual data analytics that coaches can track, analyze and update in real-time.
“Finding Dittofi is a huge win for our business, our team and our clients. I see the platform easily becoming the de facto platform for our custom application development services. Controls for frontend, endpoints, database management, actions and more – plus built-in versioning – make Dittofi a truly ‘full-stack’ low-code platform that allows us to execute the heavy development we provide, all integrated into one place.” – Jason O’Mara, Founder Roja Interactive
In the development of CoachTools, Roja Interactive shared the following highlights.
- Full stack builder: Roja Interactive built the entire CoachTools web app (frontend, backend, data management and deployment) on the Dittofi no-code platform. “In choosing a technology to build on, we are looking for a platform we can rely on and trust so that we can fulfill our pledge to our clients that we are using a technology that is reliable, scalable and won’t be obsolete in 5 years.”
- Data (capture, analyze and store): “Coaches can upload a roster of teams, create player accounts, and secondary coach accounts.” Automated emails are sent out to members of the roster. Roja Interactive used the authentication methods provided by Dittofi to securely password protect private information around teams, players and coaches.
- Complex data visualization: Custom visualizations are crucial to the CoachTools platform. “Football coaches love and expect data visualization.” CoachTools includes this feature, with the ability to track player performance and to create graphical comparisons between players in a team.
- Architected to scale: “We deployed Coach Tools into the Dittofi hosting model, a model that is automated and managed through AWS and Docker. This provided to us a hosting environment that is architected to scale without the need for extra technical resources to plan, implement, manage and maintain the application server.”
- Developer support: “We used the in-app technical support and Dittofi community when had technical questions. The team was really helpful and responsive in advising on how to achieve more with the Dittofi platform.”